It’s simple! Reach out to email@example.com
for questions about the application process.
We'll be posting periodic updates about the process right here on this page. Of course, we will keep our church body in the loop directly in the service as well as we have updates.
We're glad you asked! Download our prayer guide
for some simple points that you can use to pray for the next pastor candidate and our church. Thanks for partnering with us in this way!
There is nothing more important to the life and vitality of a church than the man who will be called to serve as our future Lead Pastor. A wise choice yields bounty and blessings for our church family at CATC. A poor choice can fracture the fellowship of our church family, sometimes beyond repair. The function of the Pastor Search Committee is a most serious and sacred responsibility.
Who Should Serve on the Pastor Search Committee?
- The individuals who comprise the Pastor Search Committee should be people of the highest integrity and competence. Individuals who have given evidence of their commitment to our church and who have exhibited the highest expressions of sound judgment. They should be people who our church family trusts.
- They should be articulate individuals, able to communicate. Their contribution to the process is not only their ability to listen effectively and make sound judgments but also to communicate the interests and priorities of our church to the candidate for Lead Pastor.
- They should be involved individuals in the know. They should be people who know the pulse of our church and can accurately reflect the interests of our church as a whole.
Candidates for the Pastor Search Committee are Characterized by:
- Continuing spiritual growth
- Spiritual discernment
- Knowing Bible truths and practicing them
- Faithful attendance and support of the church/tithe (10%)
- Skilled as a team player
- Willingness to maintain confidentiality
- Freedom to attend all meetings and occasionally travel
- Priority commitment to seeking and doing God’s will
- Absence of a self-serving agenda
- A member in good standing at CATC
Duties of the Pastor Search Committee:
- Serve until our church approves a new Lead Pastor.
- Gather and evaluate prospective Lead Pastor resumes.
- Telephone interviews with references listed on resumes.
- Telephone/Zoom interviews with prospective pastors.
- Listen to the preaching of pastors under consideration (video/on-site).
- Secure pulpit supplies and an Interim Pastor to serve during the time our church is without a Lead Pastor.
- Prayerfully and confidentially conduct the search for God’s choice of our future Lead Pastor in a progressive, orderly, and timely manner with periodic reports to our CATC family.
- Prepare the candidate and the church to choose our future Lead Pastor in accordance with the policies of the church.
- In conjunction with the Personnel Committee, the Executive Pastor, and the Executive Administrator, the Search Committee will establish a compensation package agreeable to the prospective Lead Pastor candidate and these committees.
- Recommend the Lead Pastor candidate to our church in “view of a call.”
- Upon calling the Lead Pastor, support the ministry of our church and lead our church family to follow our new Lead Pastor’s leadership.